- You are a self-healing (your hand healing after you get a cut) and self-regulating organism (heart beat, breathing, digestion, sweating.
- Your nervous system (brain and spinal cord) controls and coordinates every function in your body (what makes your heart beat, your lungs take in and expel air, and your body sweat when you work out?)
- If there is interference of "vertebral subluxation" in your nervous system, you are no longer 100% self-healing and self-regulating (SO IMPORTANT IN YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE PREMISE!)
- Uncorrected vertebral subluxations have devastating effects on human health and well-being (how many of you have experienced better digestion, better breathing, better sleep after being under chiropractic care, and why is that, do you think?)
- Simply put, our (the chiropractor's) goal is to locate these points of interference or subluxations, remove them (and the cause of them) and allow your body to heal itself on every level.
It is of my opinion and experience that 99% of people would understand and agree with the first two points of The Chiropractic Premise. They are basic facts of human anatomy and physiology, and therefore easily understood and difficult to argue. It is at the 3rd point that people may get lost. When reading this one sentence, you could ask any or all of the following questions:
"What is a vertebral subluxation?"
"What does it interfere with and/ or how does it interfere with my body's ability to work?"
"Why does a vertebral subluxation affect my nervous system?"
These are all critical questions to be answered in order to understand The Big Idea and the chiropractic paradigm. If you are a patient of ours, ask us to explain it to you ASAP, and we apologize for not doing so earlier. If you are not a patient, and are reading this, feel free to email or call us and we will help answer your questions so that you to may have that higher quality of life you wish to achieve!
In Good Health,
Dr. Tom Rammel